Saturday, October 30, 2010

Kenya Under 8 - Boys Champion

We have earlier published a few articles about Kenya Under-8 Girls Champion. Now we are presenting you Sumit S Deshpande who is Kenya's National Champion in Under-8 Boys category. Unfortunately he could not play in WYCC-2010 due to some financial problems. He scored 5 / 7 points to win national title in May 2010. He parents shifted to Nairobi from Banglore when he was only 3 years old and he can speak only English now.

LCA - Did you miss WYCC ?
Sumit - Yes I was very keen to play in Greece .
LCA -  How you performed against 3 players representing Kenya in U-8 category.
Sumit -  I beat them all !
 ( Then whom he conceded those 2 points ? Perhaps to tail enders !)
LCA - Who else you can beat ?
Sumit - Every one, my team mates , my father.
LCA - What about your mother and sister ?
Sumit - My mother ? She can not play chess ! And I always beat my sister !
( His sister Sanjana who got 2nd position in U-14 Girls category in national championship was not ready to accept his claim but agreed that score is about 50% )
LCA- What about Sharanya Iyenger , who is your school mate ?
Sumit - Well some times I win some times she wins.
LCA - In which class you are studying  and how are you doing in studies.
Sumit - I am in 3rd standered and always get first position in the class.
LCA- Thats very good . What else you like to do?
Sumit - I like to dance ! And I like to play piano !
Sumit - I am a poet and write poems !
( Readers have to wait for some time before he writes short stories and a few novels ! )
( But for time being you can find one of his wonderful award winning poem else where. )
LCA- Will you like to play with students of LCA ?
Sumit - Yes I am ready to take on every body !
LCA- Thank you and we wish you success in all your activities.
Sumit - Thank You.

No comments:

Post a Comment